Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Written by Roar Elias
We decided to add an entire soft chocolate chip cookie recipe section to our site, as they are a favorite of both Thea Sophie and mine.
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe #2
By Deb Wical on allrecipes.com.
How this soft chocolate chip cookie recipe got its name we do not know, but as it is our second recipe from our second Deb, it seems appropriate.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine soften butter with shortening, sugar and brown sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 min. Note: I take them out of the oven before they start to turn dark! Do not double this recipe, or they don't bake soft. Can make this recipe for bars too. Spread dough into greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake them at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15-20 minutes.
You May Also Want to Try...
The history of chocolate chip cookies is maybe a bit off topic, but is definitely an interesting read.
Subscribe to the to The Choc Blog be notified when we discover an even tastier soft chocolate chip cookie recipe, and please share your own!
Have A Great Chocolate Based Recipe?
Do you have an amazing recipe with chocolate you would like to show us? Share it!