Delicious Chocolate Pudding Recipe
Written by Roar Elias
Here is a chocolate pudding recipe that you can try. Really now, who doesn't love chocolate pudding? Even prepackaged chocolate pudding sells like hot cakes.
Many people don't realize however, that chocolate pudding that is homemade doesn't have to be difficult to make and it tastes so much better than the packaged types.
Make it a fun experience for you and your children. This is something they will enjoy helping with. The end result is something they are going to love to eat and when they know they helped to make it, it only tastes that much better.
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 ounces chocolate chips (semi sweet)
- 4 custard cups (size - 6 ounces)
- Use a whisk to mix sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder and salt in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Slowly add the milk and mix well with the whisk.
- Now it is time to bring to a boil while whisking constantly. It is important to whisk constantly to avoid burning. Continue to whisk until the consistency is thick. This will take approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Remove your pudding from the heat.
- Using a heat proof bowl beat the egg in the bowl.
- Now you will very slowly add the hot chocolate mixture to the beaten egg. Use the whisk and whisk constantly.
- Mix the chocolate chips into the concoction and continue to whisk until the chips are melted. You should have a smooth mixture.
- Pour your homemade pudding into the custard cups. To prevent a skin on the surface cover each custard cup with wax paper.
- All that is left now is to refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold.
So there you have it; a great chocolate pudding recipe that you and your family are sure to love. You can cover with whipped cream if you like.
Subscribe to the to The Choc Blog be notified when we discover an even tastier chocolate pudding recipe .
And if you have a chocolate based recipe of your own, please share with us by using the form below!
Have A Great Chocolate Based Recipe?
Do you have an amazing recipe with chocolate you would like to show us? Share it!