The Most Amazing Chocolate Pie Recipe
Written by Roar Elias
Getting a chocolate pie recipe right is not as easy as you might think. While it is true that there are lots of recipes out there, not all of them will bring on the satisfaction you so sorely crave.
However, we have found this delightful chocolate pie recipe that will have you licking your fingers after eating that succulent pie.
If you prefer chocolate pie that uses real chocolate rather than cocoa powder, I recommend you check out our chocolate pecan pie recipe, one of my absolute favorites.
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup water divided
- 2 tablespoons butter/margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Baked pie crust, 9 inch
- Mix cocoa and flour in top of a double boiler over hot water. Whisk in about half of the 1 cup water and stir until you make a smooth paste.
- Blend in the sugar and beaten yolks and add the remaining water and milk. In this stage if you are diabetic or are on a low sugar diet, you can substitute normal sugar for replacement sugar. In addition to that, if you are a vegan or are allergic to gluten, you can replace the egg yolks with gelatin.
- Cook over low heat until the mixture is thick. Once it has achieved the desired thickness, add butter and vanilla.
- Carefully pour the mixture on top of the baked pie crust.
- Top the pie with whipped cream or whipped topping. Use the egg whites to make a meringue.
- Chill the pie thoroughly.
There are several other products you can use to replace eggs in the recipe. When I do not want to use eggs I always go for buttermilk, flax seeds or pureed fruit.
Subscribe to the to The Choc Blog be notified when we discover an even tastier chocolate pie recipe.
And if you have a recipe of your own, please share with us by using the form below!
Have A Great Chocolate Based Recipe?
Do you have an amazing recipe with chocolate you would like to show us? Share it!