Three Fab Chocolate Fondue Recipes
Written by Roar Elias
Getting some of the best chocolate fondue recipes is a must for anyone who wants to organize a fondue party to remember. It's not a case of just melting chocolate in a big pot. There is lots you can do with different sorts of chocolate, adding in other ingredients to make it richer or toning it down. You can flavor the chocolate in different ways, either by adding an extract or by adding liquor for something extra.
This kind of dessert is a nice way to round off the meal and it really turns into a social affair at the same time. Don't expect to have your dinner end off on a quiet note because this is only going to get the party started. Things like strawberries, banana, pineapple, sponge cake as well as wafer cookies and amaretti are some of the dippers that will go down really well here. Use the best quality chocolate that you can find along with a few other things that go well together and you are bound to have a rich and creamy sauce that is perfect for this.
Here are a few chocolate fondue recipes that just may appeal to you.
Chocolate and Apricot Fondue
- 3/4 cup double cream
- 340g (12 oz.) good dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup apricot brandy
- 2 Tbsp corn syrup
- Heat the cream over a gentle heat until it is warm, but it should just simmer. Take the cream off the heat add the chocolate. Now just let it stand until it has melted, which should take 2 or 3 minutes. Add the brandy with the corn syrup and whisk this until it is smooth.
- Transfer this over to a fondue part, which you should keep warm.
Chocolate Cognac Fondue
Cognac is liquor that works well with fondue. Use fresh fruit as your main dippers for this recipe.
- 350g (12oz.) dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp cognac
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler on a gentle heat.
- Add the cream and stir this until it is just hot. Don't let it boil.
- Add the cognac and stir it in. To get the balance right you can either add more cognac or more chocolate depending on how runny or thick you like it.
- Now you can put this is a chocolate fondue pot and enjoy!
Chocolate Fondue with Nutella
This is another way of making your fondue taste superb!
- 170g (6 oz.) good quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup double cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Nutella
- 1 Tbsp liqueur like Frangelico or Grand Marnier (this is optional)
- Combine the milk, sugar, light corn syrup and cream and put this in a saucepan over a gentle heat. Bring this to a simmer, stirring it all the time.
- Now take this off the heat and add the chocolate. Just let it stand to allow the chocolate to melt and then whisk until it becomes smooth.
- Whisk in the vanilla, Nutella as well as the liqueur, if you are using some.
- Place this in a fondue pot and serve it with some nice dippers.
You May Also Want to Try...
Subscribe to the to The Choc Blog be notified when we discover an even tastier chocolate fondue recipes.
And if you have a some chocolate fondue recipes of your own, please share with us by using the form below!
Have A Great Chocolate Based Recipe?
Do you have an amazing recipe with chocolate you would like to show us? Share it!