Delicious Chocolate Cheesecake
Written by Roar Elias
Chocolate cheesecake is a great addition to put into your picnic basket the next time you are out and about in the countryside. It is perfect for the Summer months, but not a bad treat for winter either. I think chocoholics will agree that chocolate cheesecake is the ultimate indulgence.
You can serve this cheesecake with a couple of strawberries and some grated chocolate on top. You don't need to serve it with anything special because it is just great as it is. You don't need to dress it up any further otherwise you may just take the magic away.
Now, this is not a rich recipe, but some people find they want more of a variation and in that case you may want to stick with the traditional cheesecake and simply add a fantastic topping. You can be creative here. You don't just have to go for straight chocolate. You can even opt for white chocolate as something different. Some people like to include two flavors, but make sure they go together and don't do more than two because you want to focus on simplicity.
Things like orange and dark chocolate, fudgy chocolate or raspberry and white chocolate are always popular. Here, you can add as much or as little of the filling as you want depending on what flavors you want to emphasize. When you are using things like raspberries and orange only go for the genuine stuff. No fake colourings and flavorings in this cheesecake!
- 1 1/2 cups oreo crumbs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 1/2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla pod
- 3 Tbsp cake flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 oz. dark chocolate, melted
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C / 350 degrees F
- Scrape the seeds out of the vanilla pod and set it aside.
- -Grease the bottom and the sides of your spring form pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the chocolate crumbs as well as the butter and mix this together until it is well combined. Press this mixture down into the bottom of the spring form pan. Now it's time to get on with the cake itself.
- Get out the electric beater with a large bowl and add the cream cheese, the sugar, vanilla bean as well as the vanilla extract. Beat this until it is combined and it is looking smooth and fluffy
- Now add in the flour to the cream cheese mixture and keep on beating until it is smooth.
- Next, add the chocolate as well as the sour cream and mix until it is combined.
- Add the eggs gradually and keep on mixing on a low speed.
- Pour the prepared mix into your spring form pan and pop it in the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. You will know it is ready when the centre is just set. It should be a little wobbly with the outside set completely.
- Take this out the oven once it is done and leave it to cool on a rack. Once it is cool take it out the pan and put it on a plate. Place it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before you serve it. It is best to chill it overnight, but it still tastes great before that.
You May Also Want to Try...
Subscribe to the to The Choc Blog be notified when we discover an even tastier chocolate cheesecake recipe.
And if you have a chocolate cheesecake recipe of your own, please share with us by using the form below!
Have A Great Chocolate Based Recipe?
Do you have an amazing recipe with chocolate you would like to show us? Share it!