Heavenly Baked Chocolate Brownies
Written by Roar Elias
The crispy crust of chocolate brownies with the soft centre beneath is just a taste of heaven. The nice thing about brownies is that they can eaten and served on any occasion. You can take the leftovers out of the fridge and munch them away or you can serve them at a formal dinner party. Just cut them in triangles and place them in a stylish way with a little chocolate sauce drizzled over, a chocolate garnish and some ice-cream to top it off with.
Different kinds of brownies are always popping up all over the place. It's always nice to experiment with different recipes and ideas in your kitchen. Add in different flavors and fillings for a little variation. It's probably the best thing just to have a basic recipe and from there you could experiment with various ingredients.
We used to serve a fancy chocolate brownie with a luxurious chocolate sauce at a restaurant I worked at. At first when we were designing the menu, I thought that this was a little bland compared to the rest of the items of the menu, but it actually became one of the best sellers there.
Here is a fantastic recipe that you will love.
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp good quality cocoa powder
- 11 oz. (300g) dark chocolate, (70% cocoa solids), chopped
- 1 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- -Set the oven to 180 degrees C / 350 degrees F. Get yourself a baking pan out and grease the bottom and the sides. Line it with parchment paper as well.
- Combine the salt, cocoa powder and flour in a medium sized bowl.
- Place the butter, chocolate, and the espresso powder in another bowl over a saucepan of water that is just simmering, stirring every now and again, until the mixture melts. Take this off the heat and then add the sugars. Put it back on the heat and whisk the mixture until it is combined.
- When the mixture is at room temperature you can add 3 of the eggs to this mixture and mix. Stir this unitl it is combined. Now mix in the rest of the eggs with the vanilla and whisk it until everything is combined. You don't want to overbeat otherwise you will end up with cakey brownies.
- Use a spatula to add the flour in slowly and then fold it in the chocolate. Do this until almost all of the flour has been mixed in.
- Now pour this batter into the pan that has been prepared. Bake it for 30 minutes. You will know that your brownies are done when you stick a toothpick in the centre and you find a couple of moist crumbs attached to it. When you take it out, let it cool down and then lift it out with the help of the parchment paper. Cut it up into squares before you serve it.
- You can keep this for 3 days. Wrap the pieces up in plastic wrap.
You will get about 24 squares from this mixture.
You May Also Want to Try...
Subscribe to the to The Choc Blog be notified when we discover an even tastier recipe for chocolate brownies.
And if you have a chocolate based recipe of your own, please share with us by using the form below!
Have A Great Chocolate Based Recipe?
Do you have an amazing recipe with chocolate you would like to show us? Share it!